Key Factors that Can Affect Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
Getting out on your bike is a great way to clear your head and focus on the open road ahead. In fact, riding can provide you with an immense sense of freedom. The fact is that many motorists do not see motorcycle riders on the roadway. Since bikes do not provide the same level of protection that a car offers, motorcycle accidents cause more serious injuries and more deadly traffic accidents on our roads. If someone else’s negligence leaves you injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s time to consult with an experienced Georgia motorcycle accident attorney.
Your Accident Claim
You’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, and you’re facing plenty of obstacles ahead. Obtaining the compensation to which you are entitled represents the surest path forward toward a complete recovery, but many factors can affect the outcome of your claim.
Your motorcycle accident claim will address the damages (or losses) you’ve suffered as a result of the motorcycle accident, including:
- The medical expenses you incur
- Your diminished earnings due to lost hours on the job
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering
One of the most important elements of these damages is how they affect your life. If you’re facing career losses as a result of the injuries you’ve endured, for example, it can make your losses that much more devastating. The totality of your damages and the change they effect in your post-accident life is a critical component of your motorcycle accident claim.
The Insurance Company
The insurance company handling your claim is a for-profit enterprise that may be more inclined to pursue their profits than to fulfill the services it’s paid to provide – covering your losses. The insurance company is looking for weaknesses in your claim and is unlikely to be shy in its pursuit of these weaknesses. Keep all of the following in mind:
- If the insurance company comes back with a speedy settlement offer, it probably means that it’s attempting to take care of the matter before you recognize the immensity of your damages.
- Regardless of how compassionate the insurance rep seems, it’s important to recognize that not only is he or she skilled at eliciting comments that undermine claims but that this is also his or her job. You are not required to provide an official statement, and you shouldn’t do so without the benefit of counsel.
- The insurance company is a powerful entity that is adept at moving the needle in the direction it wants it to go. You are no match for the insurance company and its significant resources, which is why you need the professional legal counsel of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in your corner.
An Experienced Cumming Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
If you’ve been injured by another driver’s negligence in a motorcycle accident, the Forsyth County motorcycle accident attorneys at Banks, Stubbs & McFarland are committed to zealously advocating for a claim resolution that supports your rights – in pursuit of the compensation to which you are entitled. Our dedicated legal team is on your side, so please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 770-887-1209 for more information about how we can help you today.