Steps to Hiring a Barrow County Personal Injury Attorney
Accidents happen to many people every day. Sometimes, these accidents pose significant physical, financial, and emotional injuries. If you’ve been hurt in an accident because of another person or entity’s negligence, you may bring a personal injury claim against the at-fault party to recover compensation for medical expenses, lost earnings, property damage, and emotional distress.
But the personal injury claims process can be confusing and complicated. That is where the skills, resources, and experience of a Barrow County personal injury attorney come in. But how do you find and hire the right personal injury attorney? Here are some essential tips.
Personal Referrals Are Your Best Bet
Have you worked with or know a friend or family member who has worked with an attorney? Local lawyers know each other and can give you referrals of lawyers that may be right for your specific case. You can also check your local lawyer associations.
Do Your Research
You can find a wealth of information online from review pages, lawyer directories, classified ads, and lawyer or law firm websites. Pay close attention to the lawyer’s experience, qualifications, social media pages, client reviews, practice areas, trial experience, professional associations and memberships, and recent personal injury settlements.
Take Advantage of Free Initial Case Consultations
You can use these free case consultations to meet the lawyers you’ve shortlisted to see how they communicate with clients. You can also get an idea of how much your case is worth and what happens moving forward.
How a Barrow County Personal Injury Attorney Will Handle Your Personal Injury Case
Once you have hired the Barrow County personal injury lawyer who can best handle your personal injury case, here’s what they will generally do secure compensation for your losses:
- Investigate your case. The investigation will typically involve gathering evidence to support your claim for damages, reviewing accident reports and medical records, establishing fault and negligence, identifying all parties that you can hold liable for your losses, and working with various experts to corroborate the evidence and the damages you’re seeking.
- Serve the notice of claim to inform all parties involved in the claim of your intent to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Start settlement discussions with the liable party’s insurance provider and lawyers to negotiate a settlement amount that will cover all the losses you incurred in the accident. Most claims settle during this stage.
- File your personal injury lawsuit. This will commence the lengthy and complex discovery stage, where all parties involved will share information and investigate each party’s defenses and claims.
- Attempt mediation. The parties will be given a chance to settle the personal injury case once the discovery stage ends through mediation. Your case will head to trial if mediation doesn’t work.
Seek Legal Guidance From a Seasoned Barrow County Personal Injury Attorney Now
The Barrow County personal injury attorneys at Banks, Stubbs & McFarland have successfully secured millions in settlements for our injured clients for more than 30 years. We regularly handle the following personal injury cases:
- Auto Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Negligent Security
- Slip and Fall
- Serious Personal Injury
- Dram Shop Liability
- Social Host Liability
- Wrongful Death
To learn more about your case and how our Barrow County personal injury attorneys can pursue full compensation for your accident-related losses, schedule your free case consultation today by filling out our online form or calling 770-887-1209.