A Parenting Plan is a legal document which details all of the rights and obligations of parents regarding their minor children.
A parenting plan typically specifies:
- Where the child will live
- A visitation schedule which includes holidays and summer time
- Each parent’s right to contact the child
- Each parent’s right to information and decision making about the child
- Other issues which may require definition
The Parenting Plan is a form that must be provided to the Judge at a hearing regarding visitation and/or custody and must be a part of final agreement regarding minor children.
At Banks, Stubbs & McFarland, LLP our family law attorneys in Cumming GA can assist you with the preparation of the Georgia Parenting Plan, providing our experience and advice on what works for parents and is best for children.