Georgia Amputation and Loss of Limb Attorneys
If someone else’s negligence tragically causes you to lose a limb – or to require amputation of a limb – it’s a devastating blow that will reverberate into your future in profound ways. The physical, financial, and emotional damages associated with injuries that lead to the loss of a limb or to the amputation of a limb are immense, but an experienced Georgia amputation and loss of limb attorney can help you obtain the compensation you need to follow the path toward optimal recovery.
Common Causes of Limb Loss
While nearly any kind of serious accident can lead to limb loss or to the need for amputation, there are several types that are most closely associated with these life-altering injuries, including:
- Traffic Accidents – The impact of a car, truck, motorcycle, scooter, bike, pedestrian, or any other kind of traffic accident can lead to the loss of a limb.
- Accidents on the Job – Work such as construction work, working on the road, and factory work are often linked to accidents that end in amputation.
- Medical Malpractice – When healthcare facilities and providers fail to provide adequate care or aftercare, dangerous infections that lead to amputations can be the result.
The damages associated with the loss of a limb can be exceedingly difficult to fathom. Consider all of the following:
- Medical Expenses – You’ll not only face the immediate medical costs associated with your injury, but you’re also likely to face considerable healthcare-related costs long into your future. While medical innovations for amputees have come a long way, they tend to be extremely expensive and require ongoing modifications and updates as you age.
- Lost Wages – Healing from the loss of a limb is a slow process that is likely to leave you off the job for a considerable amount of time – if you’re able to return at all. If your work involves physical labor, an amputation can mean the end of your career – and all the financial and emotional damage that entails.
- Pain and Suffering – It is difficult to adequately describe the physical and emotional pain and suffering associated with losing a limb as a result of someone else’s negligence. The loss of a limb can leave you unable to engage in activities that you once enjoyed and can lead to considerable psychological distress, including increased anxiety and depression. Thus, damages include any and all loss of enjoyment of life.
Consult with an Experienced Cumming GA Amputation and Loss of Limb Attorney Today
If someone else’s negligence causes you to lose a limb, the harm and consequences can be staggering. The Forsyth County amputation and loss of limb attorneys at Banks, Stubbs & McFarland have extensive experience successfully handling the unique complexities of these claims. The damages associated with amputation are far too significant not to bring your most robust claim for your one day in court, and our dedicated legal team is committed to helping you do just that. For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact us online or call us at 770-887-1209 today.