Forsyth County SUV Accident Lawyers
People often assume that SUVs – due to their size and weight – are far safer than the smaller, traditional passenger vehicles that many of us drive. The fact is, however, that SUVs present their own brand of danger, and their larger size means that occupants of the other vehicles involved in SUV accidents are at increased risk of serious injury – or death. If you or your loved one has been injured by a negligent driver, seek the experienced legal counsel of a dedicated Cumming SUV accident attorney today.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) shares several statistics that highlight the dangers associated with SUVs, including:
- In a single year, there were 22,894 accident-related deaths among vehicle occupants in the United States.
- Since 1975, car occupant deaths declined 49 percent, while SUV occupant deaths increased ten-fold, due in part to their ever-increasing popularity.
- In one year, there were 17,171 accident-related vehicle driver deaths – 57 percent of whom were driving cars, and 21 percent of whom were driving SUVs.
- SUVs are statistically far more likely to roll over than other passenger vehicles.
While the occupants of SUVs are safer in accidents, these vehicles are more likely to cause serious damage to others and are less stable on the road – as evidenced by their propensity to roll over.
If you’ve been injured by a negligent SUV driver, your injuries are like to be serious – due to the significant size differential and to the SUV’s taller stance on the road – and can include:
- Medical Expenses – The medical costs associated with an SUV accident are often immense, including emergency care and transportation, surgery and aftercare, hospitalization, treatment and care from doctors and specialists, physical therapy, rehabilitation, prescription medications, home healthcare, and much more.
- Lost Wages – If you’ve been seriously injured, it’s very likely going to keep you away from work, which translates to lost wages. Depending upon the extent of your injuries, you could also face a decrease in your earning potential or even an altered career path.
- Pain and Suffering – The physical and emotional pain and suffering associated with a terrifying SUV accident is very real and should not be ignored or downplayed.
Obtaining the medical treatment you need is essential to your ability to fully heal. In order to be made whole financially, you need a complete recovery for all of your losses and damages.
Reach Out to an Experienced Forsyth County Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you’ve been injured in a crash involving an SUV, the dedicated Cumming SUV accident lawyers at Banks, Stubbs & McFarland are committed to applying all of our resources to your case. Your journey toward a complete recovery hinges on obtaining the treatment and compensation to which you are entitled, and our legal team is here to help you to accomplish this important task. Your rights matter, so please don’t hesitate tocontact us online or call us at 770-887-1209 for more information today.