Cumming Blunt Abdominal Trauma Attorneys
Blunt abdominal trauma is generally caused by impact to the torso, and they are as difficult to diagnose (without careful medical intervention) as they are dangerous. A serious blunt abdominal trauma can be life-threatening. Because injuries like blunt abdominal trauma don’t always present at the scene of an accident, it’s always in the best interest of your health to seek medical attention if you’re involved in a significant accident. If you’ve suffered a blunt abdominal trauma as a result of someone else’s negligence, don’t put off consulting with an experienced Forsyth County personal injury attorney.
Facts About Abdominal Trauma
The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) shares that the vast majority of blunt abdominal traumas are caused by traffic accidents (for both children and adults). Less common causes include falls from heights (such as accidents on construction sites) and sports accidents. All of the following pertain to these extremely serious injuries:
- Blunt abdominal traumas have a high morbidity rate.
- Emergency rooms see thousands of patients with blunt abdominal traumas each year.
- Blunt abdominal trauma often damages internal organs, which can lead to internal bleeding, contusions, and injuries to the spleen, liver, intestines, and/or bowel.
- Blunt abdominal traumas can be difficult and time-consuming to diagnose.
Some of the symptoms blunt abdominal traumas can present with include:
- Immense pain in the area
- Unstable vital signs
- Rectal bleeding
- Sensitivity to palpation
These serious injuries are so dangerous that, when an accident involves high speeds or causes other serious injuries, blunt abdominal traumas should be ruled out to avoid missing a potentially deadly injury.
The damages associated with a blunt abdominal trauma tend to be significant and can include:
- Mounting Medical Costs – Blunt abdominal traumas are even difficult to diagnose, and because they are often life-threatening, they generally require extensive medical care. Your medical expenses can begin with care at the scene of the accident and move on to include emergency transportation, protracted diagnostic screenings, surgery and hospitalization, extensive follow-up care, and much more. Internal injuries are among the most severe injuries – and are often the most expensive to treat.
- Significantly Decreased Earnings – If you’ve suffered a blunt abdominal trauma, you’ll likely be off the job for a considerable amount of time, and this generally translates to seriously diminished earnings.
- Emotional and Physical Pain and Suffering – Blunt abdominal traumas are often exceptionally painful and can also lead to immense emotional pain and suffering. Because these injuries are closely associated with ongoing health concerns, you could be facing a future of physical hardship that takes a significant emotional toll.
Don’t Delay Consulting with an Experienced Georgia Personal Injury Attorney
Blunt abdominal traumas are especially serious injuries with far-reaching implications that can be difficult to diagnose. The dedicated personal injury attorneys at Banks, Stubbs & McFarland, in both Forsyth County and Cumming, Georgia, have reserves of experience guiding cases like yours toward beneficial resolutions, and we are committed to helping you, too. We’re on your side, so please don’t hesitate tocontact us online or call us at 770-887-1209 for more information today.