Forsyth County Burn Lawyers
Burn injuries are often serious, painful, and slow to heal. A serious burn injury can lead to long-lasting negative consequences that are both costly and debilitating. If someone else’s negligence leaves you seriously burned, don’t delay consulting with an experienced Forsyth County burn lawyer.
Accidents that Cause Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are not always the result of fires. In fact, other types of accidents lead to serious burns, including:
- Contact with hot surfaces or steam
- Electrical accidents
- Vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Toxic exposure
In many cases, such accidents happen due to the negligence of others, including companies or individuals. No matter how a burn happens, you should immediately get the treatment you need. When you are able, you should contact our burn injury attorneys for advice on how to proceed.
Burn injuries are complex for a variety of reasons that include:
- A serious burn can damage the underlying muscles, tendons, and bones, which can lead to infection, including infections of the blood, like sepsis.
- Burn injuries on the face or neck can cause your throat to swell and leave you unable to breathe on your own.
- As burns heal, they can leave the affected area with a greatly reduced range of motion that can lead to significant physical difficulties.
- Serious burns often require multiple costly, painful, and dangerous surgeries, including skin grafts and plastic surgeries.
- A burn can often be permanently disfiguring, even after multiple surgeries.
Your Burn-Related Damages
The damages you suffer as the result of an accident that leaves you burned can be overwhelming and can include all of the following:
- Medical Costs – The healing process associated with serious burn injuries is one of the most painful and most prolonged, and the attendant medical expenses reflect this fact. Your medical costs will likely include emergency care, surgeries, hospitalization, prescription medications, extensive ongoing care, and much more.
- Lost Earnings – Dealing with the physical fallout of a serious burn injury is going to limit your ability to work – if you’re able to return at all (either temporarily or permanently). Because burns often diminish the physical capacities of their victims, such an injury can seriously interfere with your ability to return to your former occupation.
- Pain and Suffering – It isn’t difficult to imagine how terrifying and painful a burn-inducing accident can be. The physical and emotional pain and suffering can both be overwhelming. Many victims of accidents that result in serious burns suffer PTSD-like symptoms that often linger.
The path toward physical, emotional, and financial recovery from a burn injury is long and arduous, and in order to successfully travel this path, you’re going to need the careful legal guidance of a compassionate Forsyth County burn lawyer.
Don’t Put Off Consulting with an Experienced Cumming Burn Lawyer
Burn injuries are uniquely serious. If someone else’s negligence causes you to suffer a burn injury, the dedicated Forsyth County burn lawyers at Banks, Stubbs & McFarland are fully committed to fighting for your rights and helping you get what you need to heal physically, emotionally, and financially. Seek help today bycontacting us online or calling us at 770-887-1209 for more information.